Sunday, April 8, 2012

helpful beginning

Thought that a small post of my past was in order.

I was given a good many gifts from my mother, who is a nurse and her chemistry books and my father an electrician engineer, mechanic and airplane/helicopter.  Basically if it can fly I think he could fly it.

Growing up I was very fortunate to learn Norwegian from my grandparents on my fathers side, being that side is completely Norwegian :)   Also where I picked up a lot of farming ideas for the Aquaponics developments I have worked on since I was young.

Grandpa Friesth is who did all the memory games and taught me how to use my mind to envision things in my mind in 3D and rotate it as I worked to understand it, skills I use today to design and develop.

Grandpa Davis my mom's dad, ran many businesses when I was younger and being very inquisitive and wanting to learn I picked up a great deal of skills as I went through k-12 from his wide variety of business such as sand plant, concrete plant, asphalt plant, construction company well drilling company, demolition company, auto repair, auto body.. you get the idea...

I always had a fascination with water and once I found out by applying a current between two electrodes it gave off hydrogen and oxygen it started my career of inventions.

My first attempts was rather crude but thanks to my grandpa I had essentially a complete machine shop and wood shop of equipment available and I did what needed to try and make the prototypes.

In the years I worked on the electrolyzer it got to a point that I had maxed out the current available in my parents breaker panel and had to find or design a new power source.

From the farm I knew about windmills to pump water and with a generator I knew they could generate power, using the skills my father taught me and I learned from being around the airport and all the planes I slowly developed different designs, many failed but one design always did quite well and that's the one I eventually patented.

In the 80's there was no way for me to simulate a wind turbine and making prototypes was too labor intensive so I developed a way using a horse tank with a slide bar on each side and a carriage driven by a chain with a gear drive and a large door spring for a tension.  This is how I began to where I am now today.

No comments:

Post a Comment